Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Fish Story

So, like any job, teaching has it's ups and downs. It also has it's humorous moments, especially when you're working with kids. So, today during recess time, a 1st grader came to let me know that there was a fish on the roof. I was doing the "teacher half listening while doing something else and listening to a couple of other kids" thing. (mom's are really great at this too). So, our conversation went something like this...

"There's a fish on the roof."
"Ok, ok, cool, a fish on the roof."
"A fish, a fish on the roof." (more animated).
"WHAT? A FISH on the roof?!!" (very animated)
"NO, NO, a FISHBEE on the roof! A FISHBEE!" (EVEN MORE animated)
"OOOOOHHHH a FRISBEE." (dawning of realization)
"YES, a FISHBEE!!" (sound of satisfaction)

And he's not even one of mine, but a darling boy I've come to love from the neighboring apartments. And that my friends is a fish story.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Ha! That's awesome. Did you get the fishbee down?

Actually, a fishbee sounds like a terrifying underwater insect...

Carrie said...

Yes I did get it down. I am their hero every time I do it! They applaud and congratulate me! :) Can you imagine if all our jobs were like that? You deliver a meal to a table and they applaud you. Love kids!

Carrie said...

And you're right. A fishbee does sound like a terrifying underwater insect. Maybe it's a classification for biting and stinging underwater creatures like a perona or jelly fish or something.

Carrie said...

BTW, Fish bee is actually a asian dish. Fish bee hoon. I googled it. :)

Dan said...

Mmmm! Delicious!