Monday, October 19, 2009

A Simple Praise, A Huge Praise


My old roomie (sadness) and friend Rachael recently posted about a simple praise: finding her Bible. I can understand the frustration. I recently lost my journal. And by recently, I mean I have been searching for it for the last month. Actually, the last date written in it was Sept 20th. Ever since this Spring, I have been using my journal weekly if not daily. It has been used to plan out my week, make lists of things to accomplish and dreams to strive for, sort out my thoughts, to pray and pour out my heart, and just to monitor how I'm doing and how far I've come. I felt lost without it. Just like Rachael, I could start another journal...I have new ones that I could use, but it wasn't like my old, worn journal. It felt like I lost a piece of me, to some degree. It's like losing your diary as a kid. Except I didn't have a lock and key and a "do not read or else..." sign tatooed all over it. I mean, who knows who got ahold of it! Except in this case, my name wasn't on it. I looked in both work places and both homes with no luck. I was beginning to feel like it was gone for good and started a new journal. As a last ditch effort, I tried to think where else I could have left it. I realized there were 2 possible locations where I had not checked: 1) church 2) my Dr.'s office (where I had not been in a month). Today, I went to the Dr. and remembered to ask about it. Sure enough, it was there! So excited!

Another HUGE praise, is that I just found out that my rather sizeable hospital medical bills from this spring were paid in full through financial assistance in association with my hospital!! I was hoping for a little bit of help, but in no way expected it it to be paid 100%! What a blessing. God is good!! Not sure if I'm more excited about the journal or the hospital bills! JK :) Both are a blessing. Just a reminder to me of how great of a provider He is in knowing our needs both big and small. YAY God!

1 comments:

Rachael Monts said...

Yay! I love this! So great to hear about the wonderful things God continually blesses us with. :)